Tuesday, February 27, 2007

God Pleasing Faith


"Without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6)

I was thinking about what it might be like to stand before God, waiting before his searching, all-knowing eyes for his comments about the life I lived. To hear him say "Well, done! I am pleased" would be incredible. I think at that point all the hardship and difficulty will have clearly been worth it. The stress, the weariness and the cares will slide from my shoulders and such a sense of well-being and satisfaction will fill my soul that I will feel content and yet want to burst, all at the same time.

Take a moment and ponder this. Does it seem to you that there is too much for you to handle? Where do you feel it in your body? Tight shoulders, a tense neck, a headache? Be aware of your body and then quietly imagine that the Lord says to you, "Well done! I'm pleased!" What happens to that stress? Perhaps this little exercise can give you a taste of what's to come and the encouragement to stay the course.

Remember, you are in His grip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that it's not all about the now, but it's also about what is to come.